Takeno Gohan with Tofu
This is a base method for a cup of rice (enough for a one person meal.)
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice washed
- 1 1/2 cup bonito broth If using powdered broth, prepare according to package instructions to arrive at this amount
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce Kikoman is best for this, I have found.
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 small block silken tofu cubed
- 1/4 cup canned sliced bamboo
Mix all ingredients together, and cook for 15 minutes on lowest heat on stovetop or in rice cooker.
Serve by itself, or with other small accompanying dishes, like tazukuri, aburaage, seaweed, tempura, etc.